• Inspect supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
• Ensure that deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
• Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
• Check the quantity and quality of received products.
• Plan, direct, or supervise the food preparation or cooking activities of multiple kitchens or restaurants.
• Analyze recipes.
• Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies regarding personnel are followed, and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all
violations of company policies, rules, and procedures.
• Oversee the continuous training of kitchen employees on kitchen equipment, utensils, cleanliness, sanitation practices, first-aid, CPR, proper lifting and
carrying techniques, and handling hazardous materials.
• Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes or menus, considering such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients or the likely number of guests.
• Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative
• Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, and reports.
• Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
• Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
• Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
The task to be given after 120 days
• Schedule personnel as required for anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
• Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes, and waste control procedures.
• Order or requisition food, equipment, or other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
• Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in the correct unit count and condition.
• Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
• Make employment and termination decisions including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate.
• Meet with guests to discuss menus for special occasions, such as weddings, parties, or banquets.
40/50 hours a week full time. Must work nights and weekends.
$16.00-$25.00 an hour